New Stitch feedback

Rick, most of those points will be addressed in the next release. Not sure about your zoom experience. It is designed to work the same as in Google Maps, for example, which is the way you describe you would like it and it does work like that for me. Can you capture a short video, open a support ticket and share it there?

I’ll have to see if I can capture a video. I don’t have anything to capture video on screen that I’m aware of. It definitely does not work like Google Maps.

Thanks.

Thank you for the significant improvements to Stitch.

It would be very helpful to have:

1. Being able to adjust the size of each panel/section in stitch.
  2. Compatibility for 4K resolution. (I always have change resolution and restart to work with stitch)
  3. Being able to change white balance, shadow,… of specific part of the image.

If there is an issue with 4k monitors, please open a support ticket and provide your system details.

One thing I have done on specific images if I wish to adjust white balance on specific areas of an image is to open those images in Photoshop, adjust, save then just reload the specific images in stitch to see your adjustments. Personally I appreciate how fast and stable stitch has been and worried if to many more in depth settings or adjustments are made available it may affect the stability and speed of the stitch software.

Just my thoughts on it anyhow.

Stitch 6.1.0 was released this afternoon containing fixes and important improvements. It should auto-update the next time you open your current Stitch 6 version. It is also available for download on the iGuide portal.

Changes:

• Add auto adjustments for: temperature, brightness, levels and gamma;
  • Add auto verticals alignment;
  • Improve contrast and exposure (now caled brightness) adjustments;
  • Add new shortcuts and tooltips to the Adjust Pano dialog;
  • Skip disabled panos when clicking next/prev buttons;
  • Fix a warning related to the window size when loading a property;
  • Fix a bug when copying new IMS4 panos to the root of the project before importing;
  • Fix a bug when maximizing (full screen) Take Picture dialog on Mac;
  • Fix a bug when setting a new brand image;

Auto adjust verticals is enabled by default on import and it tries to maximize the number and length of vertical lines (like door frames, wall corners, etc.). It will work great for the majority of the cases, but it may converge to the wrong solution sometimes. In this case the user can just click “Auto align” or try to adjust it manually.

Auto color adjustment is programmed to adjust white balance and brightness and it is enabled by default on import.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Adriel

Newer versions of Stitch provide a warning when exporting that “Main Building: Some floors have unusually small exterior wall thickness.” but previous versions used to say what wall thickness was entered.

Since our default wall thickness in Alberta is 6.5 inches we get this warning every time and seeing the actual number we input provided an opportunity to double check.

Is it possible to have this put back in?

Hi Adriel,

I just updated to 6.1.0 and processed a house.
One issue. When going through the ‘Align Pano and Adjust Color’ function, it scrolls through the panos but not the stills. I had to manually select each image file (eg. Picture001), open the ‘Align Pano’ box, make my adjustment, click the ‘Done’ button and then do the same process for each still. Same thing when taking snapshots. On both, the ‘next pano’ button skips it to the first pano and doesn’t recognize the still photo files.

@adriel - Hi Adriel. I talked to another operator and they don’t have the same issue. I’m Mac and they are PC. Perhaps it’s a bug in the Mac software only? I tried reinstalling the software in case it was a glitch in the installation but I’m still having the same issue.

Hi Heather,

Current Stitch skips disabled panos (red ones) both in Mac and Windows, it doesn’t check if they are pictures or not. It was already fixed and will be released soon.

Regards,
Adriel

With the latest update it seems auto wb and brightness are being applied on import. Good! However, if we have presets they will override these auto settings with whatever the auto import settings are. Bad!
The presets should not include saving wb and brightness, just the other settings. This way I can use one preset for many rooms with small variances where wb has auto adjusted differently, without having to use the preset and then change the wb again.

Update: I am unable to use presets or copy/paste because these settings are including brightness and wb settings. At the moment the most efficient workflow for me is to revert to manually changing the desired settings on a pano by pano basis.

@DougLogan Why don’t you create NEW presets that don’t affect the WB and Brightness sliders?

How do you do that? When I try and create new ones they include the current settings.

Currently only Paste to Alls asks if you want to override temperature, brightness, levels and gamma. We will try to support it for regular Paste in the next release.

How is auto verticals/temperature/brightness working for you?

I think the temp and brightness are noticeable improvements. I wasn’t having much of an issue with verticals before aside from the occasional stitch alignment error, but I can see a difference in some panos now.

@adriel Can we have a quick discussion about the auto brightness method you are using? I find that I usually have to “undo” the auto setting in spaces that are naturally dark, or spaces that have naturally dark fixtures. Examples: kitchens with darker (wood) cabinets, basement spaces with unfinished ceilings, hallways with wood doors, bedrooms with dark carpets, etc.
I assume you’re trying to centre the histogram, which would be an incorrect result for spaces that are actually darker spaces in reality/in person.
For other “normal” spaces that are photographed with a correct exposure for the scene the auto brightness only makes very small changes anyway so no real benefit, in my opinion.

Hi Doug,
Yes, it tries to centre the histogram and may not work properly if the room has dark objects (especially in the first fisheye image since it has an increased weight).
The purpose of this option is to reduce the work of adjusting the panos, not eliminate. If you think that overall it is giving you more work, it is a valid feedback and a sign for us to keeping improving it. If you have any suggestion, We also would be happy to hear, just give me a call or send me an email.

Meanwhile, all the auto adjustments are optional and can be disabled individually in the Settings dialog.

I didn’t know I could turn that off. Good feedback, thanks!