New Stitch feedback

Hello Heather,

The initial pano/direction is not the initial view for each pano, but the initial pano/view on the portal the very first time the user open the iGuide. Only one pano can be set as initial per property. This is optional and if left unset, the drafters will decide, as before. We may review the name of that button to make it more clear.

The initial direction for the pano is the angle of the first shot when taking the panorama. It can’t be changed for now.

I am getting a little more used to the zoom function, Previously when you zoomed in, you were zooming on the whole capture and it stayed centred. Now of course it zooms on the selected pano and if you mistakenly drag to the side or anywhere you are moving that pan. I did enjoy being able to move all of the pans at once in v5, by not having the floor or pan function selected. It’s difficult to zoom to the compass on the pan without moving the pan around, but I do see that it’s a familiarity bug vs a software bug.

What is the small green dot beside the blue dot on a pan folder? I did two iGuides last night and it only showed up on one of the pans. I could not figure it out.
Also - what is the purple circle attached to the map for each level. What is the purpose of moving it?

Thanks

Ron

The small green dot indicates the initial pano (for the property, on the portal). The empty map will be removed soon.

You can move all the data at once by clicking and dragging with the middle mouse button or by using the arrow keys. I prefer the arrow keys myself.

While editing panos: I can copy/paste settings and work for a while OK. Then if I get to another set of panos and attempt a new copy/paste, the paste action pastes my original copy action and does not paste my most recent copy.

Hello Doug,

I was unable to replicate the issue that you had. Could you create a ticket describing step by step what you did and also with information about the Stitch version you are using, OS, etc.

Thanks,
Adriel

Turns out that copy/paste does not include the temperature when copying. Does that help you?
Thanks!

Thanks Doug! I fixed it today and it will be rolled out in the next update cycle.

1 Like

New buildings: hard to move floors to new buildings, it seems the drop positioning is sensitive to where I release the cursor? ex. I had a separate garage and created a new building, when moving the garage floor to the new building I had to move it four times before it stayed in the building.
Part 2: I can’t enter a wall thickness in inches.

Hi Doug!

We will take a look at the moving floor issue.
Regarding the ext wall thickness, how are you entering the value? Once you set it to imperial in the preferences window (and click OK), the default scale is inches (you can still enter the values in cm, if explicitly. E.g.: 5 cm). So if you type 5, it will be converted to 5". Do not type inches or in since it will only accept ".

Thanks, I missed the setting to convert to imperial.

Maybe this is a portal suggestion:
I would like to increase the size of the image displayed at the bottom of a completed pano. I use a geared tripod head and components of the mechanism reach outside the image placed at the bottom of the pano, a larger image would hide the equipment. Example: https://youriguide.com/1545_line_rd_4_warsaw_on

As part of curating iGuide experience, we would prefer not to encourage reducing usable image area and would like to guide operators to use smaller tripod heads.

I would love to have a smaller geared head, I think I’m using the smallest one available.
Edit to correct myself: I am not using the smallest head, which appears to be the Arca-Swiss D4 and retails for around $1100. I might budget for that when this one wears out, until then I plan to continue using the Manfrotto 410.

Screen shot of error received. I was just about to click the select initial pano view button, so the cursor was hovering in that location when this displayed.

Today I did my first two iGuides with the new firmware and Stitch. I have always left the wall thickness until I was in Stitch. Is this no longer possible?

This time I will put it in Trello for the drafters. I’m sure they will scold me.

Wall thickness is still available, but in a different place. One of the reasons for new Stitch was to enable entering wall thickness per floor and not only for the whole building and also to add the ability to define multiple buildings and to assign floors to them. See attached images. If a floor has wall thickness defined, than it will be used over wall thickness defined at the building level. If a floor does not have wall thickness defined, than the building wall thickness will be used provided it was set. If wall thickness is not set anywhere, Total Exterior Area will not be reported in iGuide - for example for condos.

30 PM

37 PM

Anyone encounter this error?

“Warning: Could not completely load the property…Failed to load all H files into a view”

I deleted the folder and reloaded it from the USB stick. I still received the same error but the pano view in question at least showed up this time.

I got the same error message the other day. I believe it was because I had created an extra room in Survey but didn’t take any photos/measurements for it so it was an empty folder. On the same house, when I went to export the files I got a different error message and was not able to proceed with the export. I had to install the old version of survey and reprocess the house data in order to export the file. Was logged with tech support but they were unable to replicate it.

Please create a support ticket and share raw room folder with us.