Face Blur Options?

Is there an automatic Face Blur option in the iGUIDE process to help mask the identity of people who happen to be in the scan?

If no AUTO option is there a Manual Blur after the fact the identity of people who happen to be in the scan or family pictures or license plates etc?

We just shot a tour for a client who is very “Identity Sensitive” for her family members due to the nature of her occupation. The home has family pictures covering the walls going up the stairs from one floor to the next and again going down the hallway at the top of the stairs.

Full Disclosure - We shot this with Matterport because this REA isn’t sold on iGUIDE yet but I’m thinking in the future because I hope to transition over to iGUIDE only. This is an important point because if I had not been able to manually BLUR the pictures with MP I would have lost the job and made my REA look unprofessional.

Thanks in advance,
Allen

There’s nothing automatic, but have a look at Pano Image Replacement : Support Desk.

If you need to do this with multiple panos, it will take work to download, edit, and upload the edited panos. That’s why whenever possible, I have homeowners hide photos and sensitive belongings before the shoot. (e.g. public figures, law enforcement, etc.)

2 Likes

Thank you @LeroySchulz . As always your help is spot on and greatly appreciated. Out of literally hundreds of homes scanned last week was the first one to even mention “privacy” let alone demand blurring of all photos. I spent a couple of hours on every image in each scan (when dealing with 360deg images the pictures show up a LOT lol). Finally got them all blurred and everyone is happy.

I’m going to make a “Feature Suggestion” for a Blur Tool at the very least if not some type of Auto-Face-Blur option.

Again THANK YOU!
Allen

1 Like

I requested this feature quite a while ago. It would be extremely beneficial for public areas (blurring out faces and license plates on vehicles.

2 Likes

I’m glad that helped.

Fortunately, I haven’t run into a scenario where I’ve had to spend the time blurring out faces – yet. And I’m hoping not to. I’ll put some thought into how to automate this process even if it’s not something that Planitar can address.

Ive been in this situation before, and its quite frustrating. Even a basic blur button would be quite convenient if you could do it in stitch.

1 Like

any update on this feature? It seems like a really simple addition. id like to blur some faces that got in my scan as well as some license plates of cars. I dont want them visible if this goes to court.

This would be a nice feature as insurance adjusters have to be concerned with HIPAA.

bingo. i do all my work for insurance agencies and attorneys.

It’s easy enough to do before you submit the panos. You have to throw them into photoshop or something similar. I do it all the time take the camera out of a mirror or the like.

A way to do it natively in Stitch would be quicker, but not necessarily better.

For those of you who have to blur faces out of panos regularly, it is something that would be worth paying for?

I could write an app that collects Planix and uses a commercial AI service to automatically blur faces and license plates quickly with a couple of clicks. But that would take time and money.

how much? it doesnt happen often and it would be nice, for the price to just include it in stitch.

It happens often enough when people have large grad-photos and family portraits right where you want a Pano located. An AI-bot that detects and removes the camera from reflections would be nice. I seldom need to put the camera in front of a mirror, but when I do it’s the first shot in the three on my IMS-5, so I can quickly identify the image, open and fix in Photoshop. What would be super-amazing is a cat-removal feature!!!

1 Like

Ideally, this would be supported in Stitch.

It would take work to develop and maintain, so it would only make sense in a situation where lots of people use it. I don’t know that there’s enough demand here.

I would be interested in this. I would rather pay to use a blurring function with Stitch on occasion, rather than use an additional software (and paying for that software).

I don’t need it for every use, but would be nice to have the option for sure.

I would use it. I work in the insurance industry and we can’t show faces an option to blur them in stitch would be great.

1 Like

Offer them cheese to hide behind a corner. And finish the shoot and take off before they realize there is no cheese! :grin:

1 Like

Hey @Kelly any chance we can see a Blur Tool in iGuide? Here is a perfect example of a forum suggestion that does not seem to come into fruition, even after years of suggesting it.

Why would it be worth paying for when Matterport has had this option for years for free as a necessary feature for the various privacy reasons that are of concern for scanning anything from a house with personal pictures to an office building with proprietary information and personal data on white boards. So no, a simple object mask tool in Stitch is not that complicated and I have no idea why this is such a complicated issue for Planitar, and I have no idea why we would be suggesting a paid tool for this either. Try asking an elderly woman to take down all the photos of her grandkids when you arrive on site with the realtor. Doesn’t happen. And there is no way I am running my pano’s through photoshop and individually re-import back into their corresponding folders.

No. A simple mask and blur tool is literally one of the easiest tools you can make for this instance.

Hey Sean!
Thanks for tagging me in this message. You’re correct, this has been a feature suggestion we have seen mentioned before and while there is a workaround, I completely understand why it would be requested to have built into the technology.
Every business has limits in terms of time and resource capacity that translate into not being able to do everything we wish we could - including really awesome feature suggestions like this one. Rest assured that a blurring tool has been discussed internally and has not been ignored. Continue to keep up with your tech update reading to find out when release new products and services. We have and will continue to release new stuff for our customers, development work does take time.
Thank you again for pointing this out and keep the feedback coming!