Why isn't the foyer included in final measurements?

I have a client who has an issue with the drafted floor plans not including the foyer as part of the final measurements. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

P.S. I always state the same thing its not considered part of the living space…they can’t accept it.

In my area, unheated foyers would not be included in the real estate reported measurements.

It may not be applicable after processing, but in the future it may be a case for making a note to the drafters if you run into similar situations again.

Click on the edit pencil and select the two check boxes. The room dimensions and square footage will show in the iGuide report.

In my area, unheated foyers would not be included in the real estate reported measurements.

Same here.

Click on the edit pencil and select the two check boxes. The room dimensions and square footage will show in the iGuide report.

That will show those numbers, but I don’t think doing that will include the square footage in the totals.

If you are certain that including the foyer square footage adheres to the regulations in your area, you can open a support ticket for it to be included in the square footage totals.

In my area, unheated foyers wouldn’t be considered livable space so they should not be included in the square footage. In some cases, when dealing with grey area I double-check with the realtor while onsite and leave a note for the drafters to make it clear how unclear areas should be handled.

Thanks for the quick response and solutions. I’ll pass it on to my client and they can manually enter the foyer square footage to the total amount on MLS. Have a great weekend. Cheers.

Yep, that works. But if your client insists that the foyer be included, I would still open a support ticket and ask the drafters to include it so that the square footage is accurate throughout the iGuide.

Old topic, but COME ON. I get that unheated foyers are not included in some MLS measurement schemes, but I go into 99% of every iGUIDE I get back and have to turn-on the foyer measurements. Our MLS wants these measurements and if you take a look at this one, the foyer is HUGE, and includes access to the basement suite, stairs up and to the lower level rumpus room. FTLOG why can’t these be turned ON as a default, and then I can turn 1 in 100 OFFif needed???

It would be great if iGuide allowed for customizable defaults of this nature to account for tghe requirements of different markets and user preferences.