Who wants a "toggle switch" to keep your planix lidar continually scanning...like it used to before the update.

Ok this explains it…i noticed that things where slower.
I would prefer if they let me choose… Would be great if they could implement a software switch

I am in mid shoot for a reno and i asked support if I should wait before the last update and they agreed otherwise I would have to do that shoot again.
Now i am leaning away from this update as well. We sure dont need slower! Never had a battery problem either.
Maybe the effort should be focused on better stitch image quality for processing. I find that very lacking.higher res woulod be nice, instaed of longer battery life which if it was I problem I would charge it between jobs too, but never had that problem either.
Hope someone is listening.

1 Like

Sorry for the typos. Over tired here.

Agreed 100% It’s now taking longer “than it takes to brew a cup of coffee” :wink:

Thanks everyone for your replies! Here’s hoping if we have enough interest, they’ll see we really want this option back to increase our productivity and create a workaround for it.

3 Likes

I asked support if I could roll back the the old firmware. Answer was no as expected. They referred me to this forum to suggest an update so not sure how that’s gonna work out. Making Iguides now is honestly a complete pain.

2 Likes

I agree, it is slower than necessary now.

Maybe someone from Planitar could chime in on this thread and let us know if this will be addressed in the next firmware update.

2 Likes

How is it a “complete pain” for you?

When I’m onsite I appreciate how painless the process is in general (despite wanting more speed and more features).

1 Like

I agree too! please bring the green live line again!

3 Likes

I thought I’d add a new post just to keep this near the top of the “feature suggestions” so Planitar doesn’t overlook it.

Today there was a new firmware released. I was disappointed it didn’t include this suggestion.

Two years ago when the Planix was released there was a great deal of noise from Planitar around how fast and efficient it was. Now Planitar has removed some of the speed and efficiency. Many of us have noticed and complained. I don’t think it is too much to ask for Planitar to admit its mistake and undo some of these unpopular changes.

2 Likes

I haven’t experienced the apparently excruciatingly painful issue found above. It’s still super fast for me to do a scan and an iGuide tour/floorplan. I assume it was a bit faster but we’re talking seconds here. Those seconds haven’t added up to hours for me yet, so I’m happy.

I DID LIKE the constant live green line however, but I assume it’s a battery efficiency and hardware life issue. If you give us a toggle thats great.

Agreed! Whether it’s seconds, minutes or hours - every bit counts… to me anyway. As others have expressed, most have not had any issues with battery drain so “saving battery” was never a priority, in my book anyway.

1 Like

Eh? You just answered your own question mate! I agree

We’re not agreeing. You said “making Iguides now is honestly a complete pain.” I’m asking how so.

Has there been any response from the team on this? The increase in time on site is terrible. Like others have mentioned I have never experienced battery issues before.

3 Likes

Really would like a response from iGUIDE. No reason for this to still be an issue. It’s ridiculously slow without reason.

1 Like

If iGuide is following this: I haven’t upgraded firmware because of this issue, and I won’t for as long as I am able.

1 Like

Eh? You just answered your own question mate! I agree

So great to see that this was implemented today, I’ll be testing it out first thing tomorrow! :clap::clap::clap:

Yes!

I updated right away before my shoots for Friday. Now what will I do with all that extra time I will get back.

Thanks for listening Planitar. :+1:t2:

1 Like