I’d ask Google these questions:
- When will they make it so the Google tour/panos are able to be locked into the top spot for photos when someone goes to the Google Maps page for a given business.
- I’d ask them the same thing about photos.
- I’d ask them the same thing about videos.
- Why is Google not promoting this more as I don’t see them promoting it at all. It would help us sell it easier if they were to promote it.
- What benefits–exactly–do these tours provide business owners? Since there is no way to ensure the tours are locked into the top spot for viewing by prospective customers, it’s kind of useless in the owners’ eyes. We hear it helps with SEO, etc. but there is nothing officially from Google.
Honestly, I’ve not been spending time trying to sell these things because it looks like, yet another, abandoned Google project. I am a Trusted Photographer and never did anything under their program because I was unable to get any support from them and couldn’t get their software to work. They have since disbanded the Trusted Photographer program (for all intents and purposes) as I don’t receive any communication from them at all–haven’t for years now–regarding it.
We need a reason to go out and expend energy to sell these. I’ve done a few with the iGuide, however, each of them asked me why they paid for it when they can’t even find the tour (because Google doesn’t push these to the top of the photos for the business).