Walkthrough video created with iGUIDE camera

I used the IMS5 camera and floor plans to create a walk through video. Check it out:

The iGUIDE can be seen here: https://goiguide.com/csc

1 Like

My comments:

1. You didn’t use the front stairs as directed by the signage!
  2. How was your bicep following this hike?

Nice Work Chris! I am intrigued to see how this continues to evolve!

My answers:

1. Signage is usually optional (ie. stop signs)
  2. My bicep still has not recovered. I should have removed the camera from the tripod! Hindsight is 20/20

Did you notice that the camera position moves on the floor plan?

That was the best part on the floorplans, well done

1 Like

Looks good Chris. Was the camera position moving on the floorplan created in post production artificially?

Interesting, I’m looking into adding 3d video tours to our service offerings.

The camera’s position was added in post. It’s just an animated dot that moves in straight lines and is timed roughly to the video,

I know this is an old post. How did you do it? Have you taken the panos and after that you’ve done the walkthrough?
It would be nice to be able to do walkthrough video, straighten up the distorted image and do this animation you’ve done in post… like some 360 apps are doing.
Walkthroughs could generate scans to do floorplans just walking around?

I’m dreaming of a compact good quality solution all in one :smiley:

I used the IMS-5 and set the DSLR to record video on an SD card. It would probably be easier to use your phone at this point. Do you have a PLANIX or IMS-5?

This would be useful with any type of video footage. The link with the plan is quite informative. I have a planix. Would the theta be able to record video using one of the lenses? A nice feature would be to allow clicking on an area of a room and move the video to that frame of the video.

I have the IMS-5 but also other 360°cameras I could use.
I will try to do one with the floorplan and the dot like you did.
Thank you!