VR for Real Estate is still alive! iGUIDE 3D tour on Oculus Go and Oculus Quest

I’ve recently experimented with an Oculus Go headset and found the iGUIDE to be very enjoyable on it. You can load any premium iGUIDE in the Oculus browser and view it in VR mode by clicking the VR icon.

Watch the video to see it in action. The resolution in the video isn’t very good but it’s great looking on the headset.

https://youtu.be/z3cQLl7eXgc

Has anyone else tried an iGUIDE on an Oculus Go, Oculus Quest, or even an Oculus Rift?

Chris

2 Likes

I rarely do Premium iGuides because the cost isn’t worth it for what they get for my customers. So I haven’t tried it in a long time.

I wonder how popular this is these days. Seems the VR thing has passed…

I tried to view one of my listings on the Oculus Quest and it said I need to view it on a phone.

Go to:

Click on one of the iGUIDEs thumbnails and let me know how the experience is. What browser are you using in the Oculus? The default one?

I recently got a Quest and was successful in viewing the tours with Firefox VR. I clicked one of the tours from @Chris’s link and it asks to begin the tour.

It took a minute to get used to the controls. Look down to the floor to pull up the floor plan. Then direct the green dot with your head to the specific floor plan point.

@rfarmer the Quest has been selling like hot cakes. They’re on back order until late February. This is a very good sign for VR adoption rate.

1 Like

I just ordered one a minute ago. No notice of a back order so far.

Just got mine ordered at the first of the year. Love it! Here is a tutorial I made on how it works.iGuide with Oculus Quest

I was also unable to use the VR option on my Oculus Quest 2. I’ve tried Firefox VR and the native oculus browser with multiple tours with no success. Any ideas?

Hey Chris,
I was also unable to use the VR option on my Oculus Quest 2. I’ve tried Firefox VR and the native oculus browser with multiple tours with no success. Any ideas?

I don’t have any suggestions to offer. Maybe if we are lucky someone will see this thread and give it a try for us.

What’s the cheapest way of viewing tours through VR? Can you just visit a tour with a browser and google cardboard setup? I’m presuming not as how would you click from room to room?!
Any advice for a iGuide user with no idea about VR setups (and little budget for it) would be great!

Google cardboard works. You can look at the format on your own phone. When you focus on the next dot, you’ll move to it. There’s also a navigation pane. Try it.

I recently tried it on an Oculus Quest 2 and Firefox Reality and was quite impressed. The wow factor came when I put it in “cardboard mode.” That view is fully immersive and you feel like you’re the Stay Puft marshmallow man (from a height perspective) touring the location. Although it’s a wow factor, it’s also strange. Since the camera is at aleast 4’ high, your perspective starts as if you were standing on top of the camera, effectively creating the feel that you are 10’ tall.