VIDEO: Is this the Matterport Killer? iGuide Planix vs Matterport

Here’s an interesting video that compares the user experience of shooting with the new PLANIX system to Matterport.

https://youtu.be/L4hotMnw8bQ

It’s good stuff!

What do you think?

1 Like

Emily is awesome! I’m awaiting delivery of my Planix, as soon as I get it I might make a more in depth video comparing the planix, vs ims-5, vs matterport pro2 vs BLK360 and maybe even a Faro.

1 Like

I’m a longtime Matterport user(Theta Z1) and just got my new Planix Core last weekend. I can’t wait to do my first scan with the ThetaZ1/Core setup and compare it to the Matterport I just did.

On our next Matterport project (I have clients who demand we provide a Dollhouse which means Matterport only) I’m going to do a MP and an iGuide to attempt a side-by-side comparison.

2 Likes

following :slight_smile:

Been Following. How was your side-by-side comparison?

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to do a side-by-side yet. We had planned this for last Friday but when we arrived on site the homeowners were there and we were having to coordinate with them to keep them out of the picture. This was for my “BIGGEST” client who demands Matterport. Since we knew we had to do a MP I didn’t want to put his customers out any longer by doing a follow-up iGUIDE scan so we opted to call it a day with just a MP tour.

Hopefully we’ll get another option VERY soon to do a side-by-side on the same residence at the same time.

Allen