Using iGUIDE for outdoor mapping

I’m looking for some help/suggestions/guidance on using my iGUIDE camera to take panos of a waterfront park walking tour. The end product would be a map of the park (created in something like CorelDraw) much like a building floor plan, with dots for where each pano was taken, along with dots for aerial photos taken by drone. It’s a two kilometer walk, so might have 80+ panos - so trying to avoid heavy duty processing fees. Any help would be appreciated.

I wonder if the new Radix option would work for what you’re trying to do? I believe it’s something like $1 per pano. If you can download the panos, then with some tech wizardry you might be able to place things on the map you generate.

1 Like

Thanks Leroy - I think this is heading me in the right direction - will look for more info from Planitar.

Cheers.

Tom

Let us know what you find out. I’d be curious to hear if that’s a solution for you.

(By the way, I’m about a 25 year user of CorelDraw. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

1 Like

Asked about it on the Q&A today - Radix may work, but they can’t import my layout of the park, So the iGUIDE would have just an array of panos - which does not serve my needs. I guess what I really would want is a Google Maps with all my panos identified on it.

I think CorelDraw 3 or 4 was my first version - mid nineties. Still haven’t been able to move over to Illustrator. And as much as I think I am an expert, I probably only use one tenth of the tools Corel offers. The radio station I worked at in the mid 80’s bought me an IBM PS2 Desktop Publishing System to create sales presentations with. Had a 300dpi b/w laser printer. Can’t remember what software we used, but boy did we wow people with our charts and graphs. LOL

Asked about it on the Q&A today - Radix may work, but they can’t import my layout of the park, So the iGUIDE would have just an array of panos - which does not serve my needs. I guess what I really would want is a Google Maps with all my panos identified on it.

Once you download the panos, you could create and host your own integrated map files. It wouldn’t be a simple process, but it might not be too difficult if you’re tech savvy. I think I remember CorelDraw supporting HTML hot spots that might be a start.

I think CorelDraw 3 or 4 was my first version - mid nineties… The radio station I worked at in the mid 80’s bought me an IBM PS2 Desktop Publishing System to create sales presentations with. Had a 300dpi b/w laser printer.

I think I have the edge on you with this. I think I started with version 2 (or maybe even 1).
And eventually used the first DeskJet inkjet printer way, way back.

Can’t remember what software we used, but boy did we wow people with our charts and graphs. LOL

Laser printers were high tech in the era of dot matrix, so I’m not surprised. :grin: