Update knowledgebase article regarding RMS

As of January 1, 2024, Alberta’s RMS has been updated. It would be helpful if your knowledgebase article at iGUIDE in Alberta, CREB, RECA, RMS - iGUIDE Help Center was updated to reflect the new changes.

1 Like

I see that the information has now been updated to reflect the changes to RMS. Thank you.

Well this should get interesting quickly with attached and semi attached.

I already see 3 different IGuides done in the same town house complex with what looks like pretty basic exteriors, shot by what looks like 3 different company’s using 3 different exterior wall thicknesses. 6.3, 6.5, 7.1
:man_facepalming:t2:

7.1" - 6.3" = 0.8" or 0.8"/12" = 0.066’. A 1000sf floorplate typical for a townhouse would have about 140’ perimeter wall length which would result in 0.066’ x 140’ = 9.3sf (or 9.3/1000 = 0.93%) difference due to different perimeter wall thickness. This is well within the 2% required by RECA RMS.

1 Like

Yes that’s fine and dandy but home owners are eventually going to want to know why his neighbours exterior is being reported as larger or smaller then his exterior a few feet away.
I know if it was my home I would be asking why. :man_shrugging:

Yes that’s fine and dandy but home owners are eventually going to want to know why his neighbours exterior is being reported as larger or smaller then his exterior a few feet away.
I know if it was my home I would be asking why. :man_shrugging:

That’s a good point. However, I was communicating with a RECA compliance officer today about the changes to RMS and he pointed out that “the goal is not perfection; the goal is best possible effort.” The 2% margin of error accounts for variance, since perfection is likely unattainable.

Last week I shot the same property for a client that I shot last year for a different client. The new square footage came in 9 square feet different for the very same property. Not perfect, but very much within the 2% allowance.

1 Like