Stitch update

I download the new update for Stitch, but next step is to download, and it knows I already have an older version. Why can’t I just update?

Download the new version and install it. Simple.

Anyone know if stitch is ever going to come to the iPad?

Planitar would be the ones to answer that. If they are like many other vendors, they would keep future plans under wraps until something is ready.

Personally, I have no interest in an iPad version of Stitch. I’m far more productive on a computer. And if you do want to do everything on a single device, you can use a tablet PC like a Microsoft Surface.

Why would they want to limit their platform base? iPads are quite popular, and stitch would be a great addition to iPad OS. Lightroom on iPad works really well now, so having stitch to back it up would be great. Just because you’re more productive on a computer it doesn’t mean others aren’t. I do 20+ tours a week and would love this for being on the go.

My guess is it is a matter of engineering resources. Creating an iPad and Android would take considerable engineering resources and time away from upgrades to the system and Stich for Mac and Windows. I’d rather they spend time on the core system, before expanding into support for Mac and Android versions of Stich which IMHO works better on a larger screen anyway.

1 Like

Maybe you aren’t thinking broadly enough? There is a lot that can be done with a tablet since your ios/android device interacts directly with the iGUIDE hardware. Have you ever used a Matterport camera? They make the iGuide interface look like windows 95. Also, there are different programming languages and things like catalyst for Mac that allow your developed software to work on more than one platform. We are in 2021 people!

Hey Mike,

Unless you’ve been in a development environment, it’s going to be hard for you to understand why this isn’t really a priority. There are many reasons for this but @braymond touched upon it already.

1 Like

Why would they want to limit their platform base? iPads are quite popular, and stitch would be a great addition to iPad OS.

Smart vendors focus limited resources and efforts on the greatest reward, mindful of how the Pareto principle applies to development. Do any iGuide operators not have a computer that’s capable of running Stitch? I doubt it. I’d rather Planitar focus their resources on future development of the overall ecosystem that benefits all of us.

Just because you’re more productive on a computer it doesn’t mean others aren’t.

Assuming you meant “it doesn’t mean others are”, that’s why my reply started with “personally”. For me, as for the vast majority of reviewers, an iPad is not a laptop/computer replacement, despite Apple’s marketing.

My guess is it is a matter of engineering resources. Creating an iPad and Android would take considerable engineering resources and time away from upgrades to the system and Stich for Mac and Windows. I’d rather they spend time on the core system, before expanding into support for Mac and Android versions of Stich which IMHO works better on a larger screen anyway.

100% on all of this.

1 Like

Did anyone read the update notes? Multiple references to IMS-6. Is IMS 6 planix, or a new camera system they are working on?

Maybe you aren’t thinking broadly enough?

Or maybe you’re a newer operator who doesn’t quite get it yet?

There is a lot that can be done with a tablet since your ios/android device interacts directly with the iGUIDE hardware.

No, that’s not how it works. It’s not direct. The camera acts as a host/server to a browser web app.

Have you ever used a Matterport camera? They make the iGuide interface look like windows 95.

And yet, here you are.

there are different programming languages and things like catalyst for Mac that allow your developed software to work on more than one platform.

Do you have any experience with IT development? It doesn’t sound like you do, or you would know that there’s a whole sea of complexities and nuances that have to be accounted for when developing for multiple platforms.

We are in 2021 people!

I’m trying hard to not eye roll at your use of the word “people”. Most of the time that comes across as “I have all the answers, if only the rest of you would wake up”, in the style of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Cheers.

IMS-6 = Planix, yes.

Leroy you’re hilarious. I have worked in a development environment, and I’ve shot over 1800 tours in the past 3 years. Recently switched to the planex and it has the ability to do what I’ve mentioned. I’m not sure why you guys are getting so offended by me asking for an update to usability. It’s something that benefits us all. Leroy you obviously didn’t understand what I was outlining. Nice ironic jab on the dunning Kruger effect too. Have you seen your past comments?

@LeroySchulz you are ridiculous, all @Mike_Goencz is asking is if there could be some developments on the iPad side to help with workflow.
Companies, such as iGUIDE, take user experience very seriously and it’s just a natural progression for them to get to. No one said it had to be ahead of other more important developements. Not sure why the butt hurt, as if you are the one having to do the work to get us there yourself. Weird.

1 Like

Leroy you’re hilarious.

Thank you.

I have worked in a development environment

In that case, you should know that my comment about the complexities of IT development stand.

I’ve shot over 1800 tours in the past 3 years.

It appears that you are new to iGuide and/or the forum. It looks like you only joined the forum in the last few days (June 18). In that case, here’s a hint: there’s a feature suggestion section in the forum. Want to suggest something? Post there.

I’m not sure why you guys are getting so offended by me asking for an update to usability.

It’s not the suggestion – it’s your tone. Coming in to a forum – where we operators are focused on being helpful and construction to each other while making a living during busy season – with all-your-attitude-guns-a-blazing (“you aren’t thinking broadly enough”, “we are in 2021 people!”) won’t lead to a rose-scented welcome for you.

Leroy you obviously didn’t understand what I was outlining.

Wrong. It’s not difficult to understand. What is difficult to understand is your tone when several experienced operators replied to you.

Have you seen your past comments?

It’s all here. I spend a lot of time helping others. You?

1 Like

you are ridiculous

Why, thank you stranger. And also thank you for your constructive contribution to a thread that is already off topic.

No one said it had to be ahead of other more important developements. Not sure why the butt hurt, as if you are the one having to do the work to get us there yourself. Weird.

Your comment is full-on, 2021-era online shallowness on display. If that was your goal, well done.

Oh WOW!! Lol.
You might want to cool the egotistical jets a little! It’s really not a good look for you.

2 Likes

Could it be that you’re reading too much into any kind of tone? I’m not sure why you’re assuming anything about how new I am or my background. I’m new to a forum that wasn’t letting me make my own posts so I asked in a post about stitch. Sorry if that went against your forum ethics haha.

Honestly your complexities (and any posted by others) about software development have zero nuance. You’re making assumptions about hardware, software and the development team. It’s easy for everyone to be negative but there are a lot more possibilities now with the planex than there were with the IMS5. If planitar doesn’t move forward, there won’t be a planitar. The iGuide system is great but it’s starting to feel very out dated compared to the competition. Nothing wrong with asking for progress is there?

It’s great you help new people, I’m sure they appreciate it. But not everyone new to the forum isn’t new to the plantar or tech world. Anyways enjoy your day. I’m going to go use my planex, and keep my fingers crossed they keep updating it :smile:

We really need to let this go now :slight_smile:

4 Likes