Site Plans as well as House Floorplans; ie. including external areas of the house in addition to the house floorplans

Hi, my client has requested site plans in addition to the floorplan. In other words, they would like to include dimensions for the whole property or at the very least, include external decks, pools, courtyards etc. I thought this was a feature iGuide would include. Apparently not, I received a reply to my support ticket to indicate that this was not a service that was provided by iGuide. I did in fact scan the external courtyard and patio. My client has provided examples from competitor services that include external boundaries for features beyond the house. I was wondering how/if fellow iGuide operators provide external boundaries for features beyond the house such as courtyards, patios, decks etc. Thank you in advance for your thoughts & suggestions.

1 Like

I use a separate CAD program in which I can edit the CAD file download iGuide provides. Then I can merge that with a CAD file that I use a measuring tool called Moasure, or I manually measure and enter, as iGuide won’t measure the exterior.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I am not experienced using CAD files & software. It looks like there is additional work & time required to map the exterior. That will limit add to the time to deliver to my client who requires a 24hr turnaround for the floorplan. What CAD program do you use?

I do this for remodeling projects and additions, not for real estate per se. I use Chief Architect to design all my projects, but I know there are less expensive options out there. I’m sure you could find someone to make some edits, and maybe even someone who would take field measurements.
A surveyor would plot out such amenities as well.

1 Like

Thank you again for your reply, Real Estate Agents here expect a 24hr turnaround. Can I provide a 3rd party with the Stitch Floorplan data file + my own external measurements so they can access and create the complete Site plan with the Floorplan themselves?

They do decks for me, but only line drawings - no measurements - and only if I’ve done scans on the decks, obvi. I suspect that you may be able to get a better rendering if you were to send it off to a third party (including iGuide, photos, videos etc. so they can reference). I would try home3ds dot com for that sort of thing (reasonably quick, accurate and affordable), but Box Brownie probably offers this as well.

1 Like

Thank you, can I take it then that the .tar file from the iGuide scans can be used by any 3rd party?

Not sure about that. I’d be prone to use the CAD file that iGuide sends me

1 Like

Thank you again for your help. Moasure looks interesting combined with a service like Box Brownie or 3ds for adding an exterior site plan to an iGuide floor plan. Appreciated all of your advice, thank you again.

Hi, an addtional Question; iGuide seems to be closely related to Floorplanner (Floorplanner - iGUIDE®) , do you know if I could send off the iGuide Floorplan + the site plan created by Moasure to Floorplanner for a quick 1 stop solution?
cheers