I wanted to throw this out there as a possible feature request… I have been having a lot of clients (mostly aec space) ask me about e57 files. I’ve been doing some research into this and my limited knowledge on it is an e57 file is a pretty common (and universal) file type.
I have some clients currently who love iguide but chose to hire me and use a different system just for the e57 downloading. I think this shouldn’t be too hard to export since the iguide system is using lidar but I maybe wrong.
Does anyone else have requests or needs for e57 files?
I realize I’m late to the party on this topic. However, I just received a request for E 57 files and Complete point cloud data. It seems my customer is asking for the access information from the scan. However, the iGuide is a 2D scanner. I’m not sure how to get around this and would love to know the answer.
e57 is a fairly common common raw point cloud file type that is generally associated with 3D point clouds these days. This is not dissimilar to the raw DXF point cloud files we provide with our more advanced deliverables (like CAD floor plans or 3D models) but you are right that iGUIDE provides 2D point clouds only. You can find the DXF files in the ZIP folder you download from our portal.
There are a couple reasons why a customer may be requesting this, first, instead or ordering more complete deliverables they may be looking to perform some of the drafting themselves (or leverage a 3rd party) but another common reason is just to have access to the source of truth. We provide the raw files to articulate and validate what we built from.