Recommeded tripod for Planix

I just bought a Planix Pro and now I need the tripod. Here in Italy we produce Manfrotto tripods and I found a good for a 290 but with 3-way head. Now I’m afraid that it could project into the image, what do you think about? This is the tripod: 290 XTRA Kit, Alu 3 sec. tripod with 3W head - MK290XTA3-3WUS | Manfrotto US

I use a Manfrotto 290 tripod with a Pergear TH3 ballhead and a quick release plate. Works perfectly

1 Like

It is comfortable this kind of quick release with Planix?

I ended up buying the same ball head a while back. What are you using to ensure good leveling? I find the Planix is so wide that it covers the bubble level.

Before putting the Planix on I have a little 12" level but pretty much eyeball it…

It’s pretty good. The quick release fits right into the base but you have to kind of twist and bend the Plavix to fit it onto the ballhead

I also have gone with Arca Swiss, since I use my Canon R6 with my tripod Geared head and also on a DJI Ronin SC2, which is Arca Swiss compaible. I keep and Arca swiss plate also attacched to the Planix, and I can easily use the same tripod I used for the regular real estate photos, once I’m done with the R6, and then just do a pass capturing the virtual tour.