Precise Measurements

Hello.

My industry is based around construction and remodeling. I chose iGuide because of its advanced measurement tools and easy workflow. I am very excited to receive my Planix system and get to work capturing as-built spaces.

I’ve been playing around the Advanced Measurement Tool and find it extremely useful. Although I know that the tool has some amount of measurement uncertainty, it appears that the dimensions given are a bit course. For example, I have yet to find a measurement that is not a whole number. Even when measuring a 2x6 board (which I know to be 1.5" x 5.5"), the measurement comes out as 1" and 5".

I assume that this is because the tool is “rounding off” the measurement, knowing that there is some error introduced by both the images and by the lack of precision of my mouse clicks.

I would like to see some way to increase the measurement precision to 1/2 or 1/4 inch. Additionally, or alternatively, could we have access to the LiDAR data in the form of a point cloud or mesh?

UPDATE: This is truly just an interface issue, and not because the measurements themselves are unprecise. When I switch to Meters, the measurement is only off by 0.004 Meters… that’s very precise. However, the empirical units round the measurement to the nearest whole inch, which is not desirable.

So I’ll restate my feature request; Can we get empirical measurements shown to the closest 1/4 or 1/2 inch?

Is it possible that something isn’t working like it’s supposed to? I would open a support ticket about this.