point cloud density

I would like to suggest to insert an option to increase the intensity of the points of the lidar point cloud even if this could increase the survey times of the single panorama. One of your competitors has a higher density and a higher precision. Also remembering that iguide has 4 blind spots due to the support of the ricoh. In a survey this thing would be very useful because very often I find myself in situations with sporadic points that create more confusion than certainty.
Thanks

1 Like

isn’t that a hardware limitation?

My understanding is that you can do this by taking more scans (as many as you want, rotate or reposition the camera any way you need) and then just hide the scans you don’t want to see. The pano images will be hidden but the laser data is still used to increase the overall accuracy of the total measurements and floorplan. I’m not sure if it helps at all when using the measure tool within the final deliverable iguide though.

The only other way they may be able to achieve more density per scan is if they increase the scan time per scan (with the laser still firing and collecting more data points). Perhaps the ability to select how long each scan would take could be a way to customize this. You would still need an addition scan to rotate the camera if you are worried about the 4 supports though. The one possible advantage of this route over just taking more scans is that it may possibly make the measurements more accurate when using the measure tool in the final product. Not sure though.

3 Likes

I agree with the second solution.I would increase the scanning times and a denser mesh of points.

I always do at least two scans per room, but I’ve noticed that the more you do, the worse the situation becomes with deviations between one scan and the next causing confusion.