Mother in law suite

I haven’t had a need for this yet but it’s inevitable that I will. I didn’t know about this. Thanks!

For others, it’s not intuitive but if you right-click on the project name you’ll get the menu that allows you to add another building.

For others, it’s not intuitive but if you right-click on the project name you’ll get the menu that allows you to add another building.

I agree that it’s not intuitive. It took me a long time to realize that you had to right-click the project name to add a new building.

Once you know about it, it’s very useful for certain properties.

1 Like

We did a multi-building property (about 20) with multiple units in each with Matterport back in March. It was a pain and there was no way we could have done that with them. Having this option with iGuide is a major feature for us.

1 Like

Hi Leroy, I don’t know why? It used to be very fast, actually faster than the iGUIDE parts itself! But checking this morning it is extremely slow but so is our internet this morning as we are having a major storm. I will have to check tomorrow again. Thanks. for your input!

I wonder if it was fast for you because it was cached locally? I’ve looked at your link 3-4 times and each time it’s been very slow.

we are having a major storm

Stay safe. We’re in the middle of a record-breaking heat wave here in western Canada.

Hi Leroy, I saw about your heatwave on the news! The tour which is slow for you to see is hosted with 3D Vista and I pay for the hosting so I will have to complain about it. It’s good you mentioned it because for me on my end everything was working perfect!

I saw about your heatwave on the news!

It’s the entire region, stretching down to the NW US as well.

The tour which is slow for you to see is hosted with 3D Vista and I pay for the hosting so I will have to complain about it.

I hope they solve the problem, because if it loaded quickly, I’d be very intrigued.

Hi Leroy,
This is the answer I got from 3D Vista support:

Hi Ralph

From Spain it takes 3 seconds exactly from hitting enter in the URL bar and getting the image.

Where are the users accessing the tour? Can you tell them to send us a screenshot of this test?

https://www.movistar.es/particulares/test-de-velocidad/

Regards
Jose Ruiz
Support Team
www.3dvista.com

Where are the users accessing the tour?

Western Canada.

Can you tell them to send us a screenshot of this test?

Here’s what I get.

But something isn’t right, because I’m on a gigabit internet connection and these are the true speeds I’m getting using speedtest.net.

I had a hunch about something so I did a quick test. It looks like 3DVista has a problem with large screen sizes. When I load your tour in Chrome in full screen on my 4K monitor, it’s very slow and choppy. When I resize the Chrome window to be 30% of my monitor size, it’s still choppy but noticeably faster.

I recorded screen capture videos to illustrate.

4K full size: Dropbox - 2021-06-29 3DVista 4K Full Screen.mp4 - Simplify your life

Reduced browser size: Dropbox - 2021-06-29 3DVista Partial Screen.mp4 - Simplify your life

Perhaps 3DVista in general or that specific tour isn’t optimized for large monitor sizes?

Hi Leroy,
Thank you for doing this and will forward everything to them. It is very strange, I don’t know if you saw Ron’s comment, who says he has no problem at all with the speed of the tour and a good friend of mine, a Software developer here in Punta made the following comment: “Hi Ralph, As for the tour you pointed to: all fine for me. But I have a fast computer and fast internet. Cheers!”
But it seems you have a fast computer and fast Internet, so I don’t understand but need to get to the bottom of this. Will let you know what they say. Best Ralph

a Software developer here in Punta made the following comment: “Hi Ralph, As for the tour you pointed to: all fine for me.

I wonder if there are routing issues with their servers? But regardless, the browser window size does seem to affect the speed, so it would be a good idea to find a resolution.

But it seems you have a fast computer and fast Internet

Yes to both points.

By the way, I just loaded your tour on my iPad Pro 12.9" 4th Gen and it was fast and smooth, which it never has been when I’ve tried on my computer. So I really don’t know, but I think you’ll want the 3DVista people to troubleshoot this so that your tour works equally fast for everyone.

Hi Leroy,
See below answer I got from their technical support:

Hi Ralph

That is a problem with the computer, not with the connection. It looks like an issue with the video card drivers.

Regards
Jose Ruiz
Support Team
www.3dvista.com

That is a problem with the computer, not with the connection. It looks like an issue with the video card drivers.

I don’t think that’s the case. My machine has both Intel and AMD Radeon GPUs. The drivers are up to date and everything else works without issue.

It doesn’t affect me because I don’t use 3DVista, but you may be running into these issues with others visitors to your tour.

I have a less than year old Macbook Pro and it’s slow on this as well. It’s not a driver issue. That’s uneducated product support trying to pass the blame.

1 Like

Hello DeftGroup,

Thank you for your input and letting me know that you have the issue as well so I can go back and let them know that Leroy is not the only one experiencing this. Best Ralph

1 Like

Hi Leroy, I will go back to them again and have now a second iGUIDE operator experiencing the speed problem. Would it be possible for you two check out sample 2 and 3 on my webpage https://www.iguide-uruguay3d.com/3d-virtual-tours-new-developments to see if they have the same speed issue there. These two are pure 3D vista tours and not a combination of 3DVista and iGUIDE. Thanks for all your help Leroy. Ralph

Hey Ralph,
My apologies but it appears as though the browser is the issue. I just tried your other ones and the previous one in Firefox instead of Chrome and the difference was astounding and much better. It appears that Chrome doesn’t render those as well.
Maybe Leroy can try the same on his end to confirm.

Thanks for your input. I myself do not see any difference in Chrome or Firefox on my end. They are both as fast and I’m in the country side with an upload/download speed of 10MB and have a 27" Thunderbolt display connected to the latest Macbook Pro with the new M chip. I do appreciate your and Leroy’s input a lot and hope 3D Vista keeps looking into it as I feel they are a good complimentary tool for iGUIDE tours when you have more complex projects but of course we need to have the speed. Thanks Ralph