Missing Scans from last job of the day.

So ive owned the ims-5 and now I also own the plantix. But recently ive been coming home with missing like 30 scans on my last property of the day (it hasnt happened everyday but twice now). Its missing like the last 30 scans on that job. The other jobs from the day are fine. Ive checked the iguides been up to date,also reset it to factory settings. The only thing im thinking could be an issue is the USB card (which ive already formated when the other scans were missing).

The reason I know something weird is going on, is because we had a bugged scan last week. So we went back and re scanned those missing rooms on the same job folder, double checked the scans on site to make sure they were there and visible. But when we got home and the scans weren’t there again.

Anyone experience this? Im thinking of putting that usb on the side until I can confirm that its the culprit.

This has happened to me twice as well. Both times i was working with a teammate and when i switched from my phone to his i think the data was lost. Cost me 4 hours.

I’d be thinking that the issue is USB drive corruption or failure. For the relatively small cost of a replacement drive, I wouldn’t trust that drive anymore.

Try running file recovery software on that drive to see if the missing scans are there but are hidden because of corruption.

To date, I’ve shot thousands of properties with both IMS-5 and Planix cameras and have not lost any scans. I do recall reports of missing scans with early versions of the Planix, but it sounds like that was addressed long ago.

when i switched from my phone to his i think the data was lost.

I don’t think that adds up. What device you’re using to access the iGuide camera shouldn’t make any difference. The processing occurs on the camera, not on the mobile device. The mobile device is pretty much just a display and input device for the camera.

During shoots, I’ve switched from my iPad to my iPhone to an Android device with no problems.