Making a great Facebook post

Below is a short write up on posting to Facebook. What tricks do you use to get as many views, likes, and shares as possible?

To post an iGUIDE to Facebook and get some engagement:

1. Find an appropriate iGUIDE to share. Select one from a top performing agent preferably.

2. Click the Facebook share button from the iGUIDE report. If you can’t find a copy of the report you can always send yourself a copy from the iGUIDE portal.

3. On the post page select where you would like to share it. You are usually going to select “Share on a Page you manage” and then select your business page.

4. Paste text similar to what is below into the “say something” area above of the post:

Take a tour of this great home in Los Angeles: http://bit.ly/2gAMYYF
This is a beautifully appointed home with a great deal of attention paid to every detail. Learn more about this property now: http://bit.ly/2gEqKsi

Customize the text to reflect the house you are posting and use bitly.com to shorten the iGUIDE URL and the agent’s listing page URL.

1. Tag everyone involved in the process. Tag the agent, tag the brokerage, and tag iGUIDE. Tags are done by using the @ symbol and typing a name. Facebook will autocomplete the names for you in a list with names you can choose from.

2. Share the post to any relevant groups on Facebook. Real Estate and photography related groups are good places to start.

facebookiguide50

Your goals with a facebook post are to:

1. Get as many people to see it as possible - build awareness for your iGuide service
  2. Get as many people to like it as possible - gets traffic and results on your facebook page
  3. Get your clients and the brokerage to share it - so other agents can see what they are doing and want to do the same

Once you start posting regularly, you will see awareness for your Facebook page, website and services grow.

2 Likes

Currently, if you want to customize the iGUIDE URL or make it shorter in the Portal, you’ll have to (1) wait until the iguide finishes uploading; (2) Edit the iGUIDE URL; (3) Reload the iGUIDE and; (4) Retrieve the NEW URL; (5) Open the Trello Card; (6) Make a manual entry to the @DraftingTeam.

Imagine if. . .

we could set a custom URL and Leave Notes or Drafting Team notes during the iGUIDE creation process in the Advanced Settings section.

Custom URL: TN_213HGL
i.e.: http://youriguide.com/TN_213HGL (fake URL btw)

Trello Notes: Please do not label hallways or closets, thank you!

CONCEPT:

Thoughts?

I believe you can actually change the URL alias for your iGUIDEs as soon as you complete the entry on the Portal, without having uploaded anything. This is found in the top right corner of the Details page.
The only time you need to notify the Drafting Team is when you’ve changed the property address, in cases where you may have entered the wrong address initially.

Also you can leave notes for the Drafting Team in the comments section of Stitch, or notes that appear right alongside the data by pressing E.

I hope this helps!

Evan, thanks for responding and sharing.

Just to be clear, I am referring to changing the URL, not the address. I’ve been told by the drafting team that I have to notify them when I do that, which is every iGUIDE. The current system defaults to the home address, which is too long for most social applications, and the reason I change the URL to something shorter.

I am familiar with how it currently works, however, it would be much more efficient to have these options in the [Create an iGUIDE] page to eliminate extra steps.

I’ve completely abandoned leaving notes in stitch. Too many times they are ignored and many of us do not have time to babysit notes - at least i don’t. Having a field to add notes directly to the trello card from the creation page would make it easier for everyone.

As soon as you create the iGuide you can change the URL. I’ve done it and never had to let the drafting team know.

More importantly, you don’t have to put an actual address in to create the iGuide. We shoot for a lot of builders here and, when shooting a model, we don’t list the address. We just put a - for the number then, in the street field I put, “Builder Name - Community Name - Floor Plan Name”. I just put the city, state and zip for the office there. Works fine.

2 Likes

Thank you farmer, great tip.

I just found the uRL change feature in the creation page.

A section to add notes to the trellis card would help polish the workflow a bit.

1 Like