Is it possible for clients to save an iGuide?

Hello all,

I got an interesting question from a client of mine. She is wondering is she can have an iGuide to show future clients as a 'show and tell" type of thing as a, “look at this virtual tour we did for this home” type of deal for their client. Is there anyway to save an iGuide locally?

Or is it just easier to just keep the iGuide up? Remove them form the stats update email and they’ll get rid of it eventually for a new one.

Offline iGuide loads with or without internet. Takes about 1/2 Gig folder on your computer, but when the “index” file is clicked, it prompts your browser to open and display the iGuide just like we’re used to seeing online. It’s not dynamic; if you make changes to the default view (or whatever view) it will not translate to the offline version. You could Even create a view where you choose an awesome 3D Tour, and then add a “best of” packet of photos from various properties and use that?

2 Likes

You can download an iGuide for offline viewing. See https://support.youriguide.com/support/solutions/articles/33000237004-how-to-download-and-use-an-offline-iguide.

Your client can save it on their tablet, for instance, to make it fast and easy to show potential clients without requiring an internet connection.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find anything on clients wanting to host the iGuide themselves. Financial institutions are like that, is there a way for them to have the same fuctionality but have it hosted on their own servers? Thanks.

Hi Geoff, look at the link I posted just above your post.

Thanks Leroy,
I did as you suggested but I don’t see a reference to hosting on a different server, I take it that the download zip contains all pertinent date needed?

Correct. With the downloaded files you can host them anywhere you want – on an external server, on your own computer or mobile device, or elsewhere.

1 Like

Is anyone else having difficulty extracting ALL files from the Zip folder. It shows the zip file being over 300MB but only getting the “assets” to extract, not all of the files.

Did you get this figured out? I just tried one and it worked for me.

IGUIDE sent me the file and I was able to extract it from there. Not sure why my computer wouldn’t allow me to extract all the files.

The only thing I can think of that could interfere is if you are trying to extract from/into nested folders that make the path+filenames too long. I’ve run into that before.