Insurance and Restoration

Has anyone gotten much going with insurance and restoration? I’m located in central Alberta and have only been doing jobs for realtors so far.

1 Like

There’s not much of a market for an iGUIDE-only service, as carriers still need to value the service. I am an independent insurance adjuster using Planix Pro for my flood claims. Unless the loss is significant, there’s only a little meat on the bone for the additional expense of subcontracting the scanning.

I was introduced to iGUIDE by a restoration contractor. The value is to me for measurements, photo documentation and post-inspection estimate preparation. It’s great to share with team members.

Dafrank, I am also a flood adjuster and just started using iGuide. What package do you use?

Suppose the loss has a lot of cabinetry, Premium, plus the ESX. Otherwise, I use Standard plus ESX. I add all plumbing and appliances. I adjust door and window sizes.

Yea i do 100% all my work for insurance agencies. I am a Fire investigator and contract my services out to various national and local insurance companies to provide Origin and Cause determination and look for potential subrogation. I use my camera on every structure before i go in and dig and look through the remnants.

Its a GREAT tool for that and makes all the blueprints for me, measures rooms, and allows me to give a way better visual of a single or multiple photos.

1 Like

Hello Rogo,

What do you charge for this service?

Thanks, Paul

it depends, typically i dont upcharge anything to scan a building, and just bill them the iguide bill which includs scan and stich. THis way they can have a copy, they can pass it on to adjusters and its a win/win sceanrio for all of us as well as is like a “super cheap” included service. I will tack on another hour or more for onscene time if its a large loss and it takes a while to scan.