IMS_5 glar issue?

Is anyone else getting pink glares from their IMS-5 when near needing to pace under lights? I sent for repair and they are saying it is a common issue? It really look like their was something loose inside my lens that was causing this issue.

Are there any nicks or abrasions on your lens? One of my IMS-5 lenses has a tiny nick that doesn’t visibly affect the panos unless that camera is directly under bright, direct lights (e.g. pot light). Only then is there a small redish spot.

It looks like there was someone loose internal on the lens. We get this under can lights and under lights in stores we cant avoid.

Iguide is saying its normal? Do you get this on all you ims-5s or just the one with a scratch?

The only time I’ve seen something like this was in those very specific conditions when the light would hit the nick on the lens in a specific way. (The nick was my fault. It wasn’t there originally.) The solution was to move the camera placement slightly so the nick wouldn’t get illuminated.

The spot you posted appears to be larger than the spot I ran into so I don’t know if it’s a similar issue.

I get them occasionally too. I have been lucky enough to be able to photoshop them out. But is more work than it is worth.

This situation is not a camera problem. If possible, you should always try to send the light beams somewhere other than directly on the camera lens. That should fix the problem.

And I had the same problem and I was never able to solve it

There is a scratch on the lens of my camera. Is there a possibility that this could negatively impact the quality of the photos taken with the camera? There are times that there are glare on the photos.

I am wondering if there is any way to replace the scratched lens or if there are any other actions that can be taken to rectify the issue.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me on the best course of action to take to rectify this issue.

I would open a support ticket to get an answer about support options.

One of my IMS-5 lenses has a small nick on it. Under directional lighting (like old-style halogen track lighting) I’ve noticed the nick causes flaring. So I shift the camera position to avoid that direct light hitting the lens and it’s usually fine.

The data I’ve seen over the years points to scratches on lenses having a minimal effect on image quality in general. See https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2022/11/how-front-element-scratches-affect-your-images/.

1 Like