How much are you charging

I posted this on another thread, but this could also be a whole new market (no pun intended) if we can get the feature support.

https://www.inabuggy.com/McEwan-DonMills-Toronto-GTA--Grocery-Delivery--S50

1 Like

Hi Kreece,

nice to meet you. the link you shared, did you create that?
if so did you use IGuide?

can we connect?

Hi Peter. There are three or four other people doing iGuides in my city. All of which charge the same as I do and one just upped his prices a large amount and this is why I decided to get into this business. I have most of his clients now that didn’t want to pay his fees because he is so expensive. His photos are the best in town though so I get why he upped his price. If I upped my prices I would not get business. Sadly.

P.s. I do charge $0.09 per sqft above 2500.

2 Likes

Kassy, I do hope you will have enough margin to make this worth your while.
Definitely branching out to commercial can be a great avenue.
A 0.09/sq foot is a good rate, so that does indeed help.
Best of luck with the business in 2021.
That’s always lots of great support here and the continuing education from the good folks at Planitar is excellent. I like how they keep classes short and on point.

[michal.catari] - I did not create it. Wish I had. My sister is in environmental design and this is one of their clients. It looks like a Matterport to me, but I do not know this for sure. Feel free to reach out.

Thank you everyone for your input. You have chivvied me along to look into the commercial market.
It looks like I’m not a competitor to any of you so if you have any hints and tips of how to get I to this market that would be great

Great thread. Cheers to the fellow Canucks too!! Looking to get into the commercial market myself and inspired with the quality work Ken. How do you quote on commercial space? Billable area charges are always over the estimated sqft in real estate so curious how much buffer is needed to not under estimate larger commercial spaces.

Am I missing something? If $0.10 is what most agents charge and I charge $0.09 why does it seem so low to you then? I charge $250 for properties less than 2500. Price goes up when sqft goes up. On another note I can only charge what the going rate is and be comparable to the competition. Especially because I’ve literally been in business for a couple months that’s it. I don’t think this is too low at all for starting out. It’s $50 more than what you charge for 2500 ft and $71 more than what you charge for 1500 sqft. I’m just confused. I feel like something got lost in translation. I am not a photographer and my photos are not very good so I don’t charge separately for those yet because I need to practice. Others are professionals charging my same rates so i’m on par with the market either way.

1 Like

@Kreece, these are some fantastic examples you provided above. Thank you for sharing.
Do you know how your clients are using them?
Could you share any links to where we could see these in the public?

Hello Kevin, I’m sorry its been a while what examples are you referring to?

The Kirkwood community center is used in their social, building and community websites. The Brightwater Culinary School was used on their website, social and on the NWACC.EDU site I believe.

I will be doing another nice one of a 17,000 sq ft design studio in St Louis this weekend. I will be used for their new website and branding launch.

Ken

Hi, Karen. $150 / 2500 sf is $0.06/sf and you’re in CT? In West Hartford, they’re getting $0.15/sf for Matterport dollhouses. And you’re saying you have a competitor that charges less? Does this include the iGuide fees or is that billed separately?

I don’t get the race to the bottom. If you’re good, you should price accordingly, because if you don’t value your work, no one else will either.

1 Like

I don’t get it either, we don’t do real estate but rather for remodel work, start at $2500/site avg 8k soft. If we aren’t billing $200/hr it’s not doable. I just can’t imagine how folks run a business on $20/hr billing rates.

1 Like

Hi Mike, thanks for the comments, I am new to iGUIDE and thought I was doing ok. I had misunderstood what someone said re pricing, plus there was already someone who does iGUIDE on the coast of CT and she serviced one of the real estate companies I do a lot of work for. however that said i’m always told my photos are far superior than hers. so ive increased my prices and will increase my iGUIDE prices accordingly. its tough to price correctly when your competing with someone who’s been doing this for a while, for the same office. and I really dont get a lot of work with the iGUIDE.
Ps it doesn’t help that someone I do photos for sends out emails to the rest of the agents telling them that she’s received and email from a 360 operator who is very reasonable and they may consider giving them a try. (she’s not talking about me either) its an up hill battle sometimes. I have however decided not to do any more work for her.

I feel your pain. Price shoppers will always be price shoppers. If they can’t recognize value, they are not my customer and I’m happy to see them become someone else’s problem (and the cheapskates are usually unreasonably demanding, too). A bee does not waste its time telling a fly why honey is better than poop.

Ask the agent if they are signing listings for 2%. After all, why should you go with someone who charges 5% when the 2% lowballer is there (like REX). That should get them thinking.

3 Likes

Reply to Kreece - All positive! Although I am not in a major metropolitan region anymore - I have always found the benefits of taking a potential high end project and exceeding in the marketing presentation of the property/project. You did that example in this showcase. Congrats. Now don’t forget to get the Property Release signed.

You will always have this portfolio example to share that you can give a client ‘this level’ of service. Now you can ‘choose’ to have charges that can relate to Level A or Level B when negotiating a project. As you shift your imaging directions over time, I recommend to always create some high end examples of your efforts. You never know when they will come in handy. Open door. www. SwaffordImaging.com

While i completely agree with your inquiry in ti’s naturally curious form, you should consider reviewing the laws concerning what might be considered (in the US) “Price Fixing” to avoid the serious penalties that come with the accusations.

Just wanted you to know that your post may potentially be considered as evidence.

This comes from someone that had to battle that accusation previously, I hope it helps.

#BeCareful the waters are full of #sharks

There is no law that prevents you from reviewing the pricing of your competition to determine the value of your services, but there is specific US laws against the act of conspiring to price your services in concert with the parameters of other providers.

Note: if you fix your price as much as $0.01 below your competition, you are not “Price fixing”.

Be sure to consider the TOTAL TIME INVESTED (from ding to dong) of each project SIZE.

Determine the amount of time it will take from the reception of your work order to the delivery along with its associated costs (Round-Trip travel, Preprocess & Post-process time) along with business related expenses (meal costs + insurance + license + website + storage & subscription costs) and decide what those are worth to you. Then calculate a profit that will benefit your desired lifestyle.

Those are your prices.

(this is a “Price Fix Free” reply…

1 Like

Price is extremely relative to where you live. My friend who lived in another city mentioned to his dad whos a (Realtor) what i charge for photos,iguide,drone. And his dad laughed and said yeah i pay some guy 75$ to come take photos. Sure that guys probably only there for 20 mins with mininal editing and no drone or iguide.

But I don’t even show up for 75$

I also think this is very wrong that someone who’s going to make a large commission on a sale cant showcase their property to it full potential. If i was a buyer in the same city or not id like to get a really good idea of what im buying. This is my pitch to realtor’s who don’t want to spend money. Its a reflection on their image and their past listings are essentially their portfolio.

There’s always going to be someone who charges less, but playing that game is a race to the bottom. My recommendations are up your value in other ways. Offer more services that take little time, have incredible customer support. There’s much more to this than price.

Hi, so how do you get their business in remodeling? I’m in Charleston and housing market is through the roof.