Has anyone done an iGuide of a high school or elementary school?

I’m curious if anyone has done an iGuide of a high school or elementary school? If you have, would you be willing to share it?

Thank you!

1 Like

I recall someone here posting an iGuide of a school a couple of years ago. I bet it comes up if you search the forum.

2 Likes

Does anyone know answers to the questions below?

I can see the usefulness of an iguide for a classroom (for example new students and parents can see where classes are before even visiting the school, etc)…but how do you go about “selling” this to a school?

Do you protect the tour from public view somehow so that the “wrong” people aren’t using it as a floorplan for nefarious ends?

Do you create an iguide of the whole building or just rooms at a time?

How does this work when sent in to the drafting team?

Thanks

Here is a classroom we did about a year or so ago.

2 Likes

BOOM: iGUIDE 3D Tour for 220 Hunter St E, Peterborough, ON This school was used for an art installation project.

2 Likes

This is great! Thank you so much!

I can see the usefulness of an iguide for a classroom (for example new students and parents can see where classes are before even visiting the school, etc)…but how do you go about “selling” this to a school?

You’d have to approach the school district with it as they’d be the ones to give the go ahead for funding for such a project. “Selling it” to the school, updated floor plans, make notes of where fire extinguishers are, smoke alarms, fire doors, etc. If you’re able to modify the PDF in a graphics program, you could customize individual escape plans for each class for fire/school threat.

Do you protect the tour from public view somehow so that the “wrong” people aren’t using it as a floorplan for nefarious ends?

Protecting the tour from the public would be easy for myself as I can design my own secure platform to self host the iGuide itself. I’m not sure if iGuide offers such a system in that case. However, if you have the tech know how, you could offer to host it ( for a fee ) to do something that’s secure.

In the case I’m looking at doing, it would be for the whole school.

They’d work with it no differently than a home or commercial building. If there are specific things in the school you want labelled on the floor plans, you can make note of it and they’ll add them in.

1 Like

You can very easily create private views that only someone with the link can access. The private links are not indexed by search engines like Google. Alternatively, if you have some technical knowledge, you can either embed or self-host the iGuide behind a passworded area on a website.

You could do either. I prefer to do the entire building, but if you have to work around a school’s schedule you could do it in segments.

No different than sending a residential shoot to the drafters, other than selecting a property industry.

1 Like

This is a elementary and middle school

1 Like

Here are a couple more examples. They are used for remote recruitment of students Primarily. They have received thousands of unique hits, and the onsite time averages are high, so it seems to be effective for them.

Ken

2 Likes

This is great! Thank you for sharing!

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing these!!

Any negative comments by the community about these being used as a plan for…shall we say, nefarious purposes?

I did an aerial drone video of my local school complex (at their request) and it was posted online and the negative feedback was overwhelming…thoughts?

I was just listening to a GaryVee interview today and I backed it up to make a few notes on this! at the 37:00+ mark he discusses hate and negative feedback.

hope this helps with some ideas or perspective!

That’s an awesome way to look at the negative feedback for sure.

Wonder though, whether the concern is completely unfounded on this particular idea. I’m serious about reaching out to my contract schools to see if they’d like to do this though.

Thank you for this conversation. Providing tours for schools is a brilliant idea. Aside from the other uses discussed, I can see them being provided to first responders for active shooter emergencies.

~Jsj

1 Like

@Kreece

These are great, really nicely done. This is bringing up all kinds of amazing ideas.

Would you be willing to have an off-line phone conversation about your work here?

~Jarid

Completely agree. We did drone work for that purpose at our local schools.