Finished Sqft coming out 400sqft larger than expected

Has anyone had the measurements come in quite a bit more than expected? I’ve done over 100 Iguides with my Planix system with no problems, but the last two property scans both came back about 400 sqft larger than the realtors expected. I feel like I do a thorough scan and measure the exterior wall thickness correctly.

That seems like a huge discrepancy. Was there a detached garage or something being added to the billable sq ft?

I think the thing you have to ask is where did the realtors get their estimates/expectations from. It doesn’t really matter what they think it’s going to be unless they have had a previous iguide done on that same home.

I’ve had a large discrepancy once - 300 sq ft larger than expected. My only answer was that the builder deviated from the plan for whatever reason, and nobody disclosed it to the assessment authority because the property taxes are based upon square footage. A frequent discrepancy from other square footage reports comes with low-sloped ceilings. iGUIDE drafters do a good job of assessing what areas are minimum 5’ high and excluding areas that are not.

Thanks for the help guys. I guess what threw me the most is that it happened on two properties in a row

No detached structures on either property