Exporting iGUIDE Tags and Tag Photos, and Backup of Live Tag Photos

Dear iGUIDE Community,

Please include a feature that can export iGUIDE tags, with all tag data and tag photos. It would also be great if Live Tag Photos could be backed up in the iGUIDE folders (and perhaps even saved in the smart device’s library).

Then, could an option to include/work on Live Tags in Stitch potentially make the exporting Tag Data work?

Please consider this feature as it would be amazing. Any comments, or suppoort for this feature from fellow iGUIDE users would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes

iGUIDE, please work on an “Export Live Tag List” function! Please!!! I’ll pay!!!

I have not had good luck with real time tags containing photographs. One my first project, IGuide staff had to intervene to make it work. I then completed a test project with two tags/photos and it was fine. I tried 5 tags/photos and it did not work. I created a ticket and they were very nice and explained the problem might be due to incomplete transmission. Suggested I try again, still nothing. Lastly I captured a museum with 92 tags/photos and successfully stitched it, however, I was reluctant to submit it because I could not be sure the realtime photos were intact. Probably needs to be a way in Stitch to make sure the real time tags/photos are intact before you stitch and submit.

1 Like

To my knowledge, currently Tags are not supported in Stitch. I can upload multiple photograpohs per Tag with no issues. Tags can be added in two ways. 1. They can be added ‘Live’ during the iGUIDE scan (which you add a tag, create the tag title, and include tag information (photographs, text, etc.), to which you then locate the Tag’s location in the Lidar data on the app. I understand that this tag data is then stored within the iGUIDE data and processed once you upload all the data to the Portal for iGUIDE processing (no Tag data is shown in Stitch) 2. Tags can be added after the iGUIDE is on the Portal. You can create tags within the Portal itself, and add Photos to tags in the following two ways (A & B): A. From the iGUIDE gallery (limit of 150 images), or B. (if you have more than 150 images, or would like to do it another way, you can insert images manually by inserting a photo’s web hosting URL with your image link (e.g. by using: imgbb.com). Note: This way is a bit tricky with the coding, but let me know if you would like more information or instructions. I am really hoping, begging and praying that iGUIDE creates a way to download Tag data (such as tag numbers, titles, photographs within the tags) so the tags can be exported and used in serperate reports such as Word or Excel documents, and not just filed in the iGUIDE scan data only. I am also hoping that they have a SAVE function that creates a photo folder of the Live Tag photographs which are automatically saved in the devices photo album, or in a folder within the iGUIDE data which can be accessed. Keep trying your Tags - they should work following the above steps, if not, maybe create another Ticket to see where its going wrong. Happy iGUIDEing :slight_smile:

Andrew
I appreciate the information. I wish, hope, pray for some of the same capabilities.
My specific issue is that after I capture my realtime tags with photos in the field, it has only been 50/50 whether they are there when my IGuide comes back. It’s not a problem if it is just two or three, however, I just captured 92 for a museum, and went to a lot of trouble to capture them in the field.
When I did another test, they were available after the IGuide was created perfectly. I did another project and your staff had to find them and place in the IGuide. I tried another test and got nothing in the IGuide. I want it to work every time.
I was hoping when I get the data back in the office and start Stitch, there was some way to check that the tags/photos were intact before I stitch the project. Since my business plan is to utilize tags/photos realtime, I need something I can depend on.
Thanks
Vic

1 Like