Custom Social Share Image For iGUIDE's

For probably the past year and a half now. I’ve been asked by my realtors why I can’t put a custom social share image on their iGuide links for their listings. As I have explained… it’s not an option currently within the iGuide system. It’s doable when it’s self-hosted… but then you lose the analytics. They love the social share images for their custom single site property listings. However… currently, when you paste the link into your Facebook post, it just takes a snapshot of what loads when you click the link (see image below). I think this would add some extra flair to iGuide listings for realtors. It’s something matterport doesn’t do either. I’m not sure how many would be interested in this… but I know I certainly would be. Thoughts?

For those that don’t know what a Social Share Image is… A social share image is like the cover of a book(or your iGuide link in this case) for your social media post on say Facebook. It’s designed to catch people’s attention as they scroll through their feed and make them want to click on your post to learn more

This would be a great idea. I know it’s a simple image file with a specific name that simply gets put in a location by default. If we were able to do that it would be a bonus for realtors. It would however lack the consistent image that Planitar has obviously strived for.

That may be true. But if they had a default spot for their logo or something of the sort. Like a bar that’s 1200x70 pixels on the bottom or top of the image as their signature. I would 100% be ok with that.

I might make a mock up just for fun lol