Can I use the iGUIDE name in a print ad?

I’d like to advertise our new 3D tour capability in a print ad. Can I specifically use the iGUIDE name?

We’ve used it before. I don’t know why you wouldn’t as it helps Planitar as well.

I’m just starting to write up my verbiage for my site and I’m doing my best to avoid putting 3D into it. I’m using 360 immersive imaging. Technically the tours aren’t 3D and I’d prefer to just stay away from that type of description. I’m in the minority on this though.

I agree with you on the 3 D terminology. I just had this come up with an agent who was expecting a 3D dollhouse view ala Matterport, as that is what most people think of when they think 3D. It’s unfortunate that Matterport has now made their system available to photographers without making them purchase their proprietary camera because since that has happened there are suddenly a ton of people offering Matterport 3D tours now that they don’t have to buy a camera from them.

I have to disagree on this one. The term 3D in relation to many tours made from 360 images is perfectly justifiable from a scientific and logical points of view. In addition to that, there is market feedback that we have been getting for years from customers who went as far as calling iGUIDE “that 3D video”.

Dollhouse is a 3D model that you can rotate and view, but, in itself, it is not a 3D tour which means touring through 3D space.

Below is quote from a 3D tour white paper that explains it:

What is a 3D Tour?

Most often, a 3D tour is a series of 360° images, also called photospheres, panoramas, or panos, where a user can navigate from one 360° image to another. There is an opinion that simply using 360° images without an underlying 3D mesh, or 3D point cloud collected by a camera, is not enough for such a presentation to be called a 3D tour, so an explanation is needed.

The term 3D, shorthand for three dimensional, means having three degrees of freedom in which a user can move. In each 360° image a user can look left-right and up-down and these degrees of freedom add up to two dimensions. In addition, a user can move between 360° images, zooming in and out of the images during such transitions. This degree of freedom adds yet another dimension, resulting in the experience of moving through 3D space. Because of that, the term “3D tour” is well justified for tours made using connected 360° images.

Whether you think it should be called 3d or not is irrelevant. People call these 3d tours. They know these as 3d tours. So why on Earth would you not call it a 3d tour?