By-passing Exact Addresses

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I can’t find an answer right now.

Is there a way to not include exact addresses when submitting to iGuide processing. I know I had did this in the past, but the ones I have been doing recently seem to require an exact address.

I don’t want to include the exact address for privacy issues. I have been using arbitrary numbers for addresses, but notice this shows up on the PDFs. I would like to somehow go back to entering intersection, without exact addresses, while still keeping the tour viewable.

Am I missing something? TIA.

I have done it for a client, it’s doable…I gave the home a name, can’t remember the rest :slight_smile:

There is the actual address, then I think you have the address showing as the tour opens and finally the URL is something to check.

You should really be shopping on Black Friday :wink:

Amir

I know I’ve done this before, but I don’t remember how. I think I entered a generic address and customized the iGuide URL, but I’d suggest opening a support ticket to ask about this.

I don’t have access to the features request section yet so someone else can suggest this.

The inclusion of a simple configuration text file that the iGuide application can check to see what features should be enabled or disabled. The ability to show / hide the address would then be one of those “features”

This would be nice for situations like the OP has described or if you want to host an online portfolio of your work without revealing the address of residential properties to protect client privacy.

you want to host an online portfolio of your work without revealing the address of residential properties to protect client privacy.

You can enter a made up address and edit the iGuide URL for this.

Would I be able to make this change just for the local self hosted copy ? This way the client’s copy retains the address if that is what they want while hiding from people viewing my portfolio of past work.

That’s a good question. You might be able to do it by creating a duplicate view and downloading that rather than the main view, but I haven’t tried that.

In any case, since the self-hosted copy is just a collection of HTML and related files, I’m sure you could do it by editing those files, but that might be more work than you want to do.

Either try using a duplicate view or open a support ticket to ask about this.

I have done exactly what Leroy said. Two separate views one with the address as the title and in the html (original view) and one where I changed the Title and html address on the second view so the address was private.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good to hear. Someone should write up a knowledgebase article about that.