Ability to Modify Menu Items

I do real estate work and often get a request for floor plans only, they basically don’t want the virtual tour images. They want a full set of photos as usual, just not the tour visuals. My agents like the iGuide floor plans with the summary page, and I like the content delivery system that is the iGuide Report.

What happens with these is that there is still a 3D Tour option in the navigation menu of the iGuide. In the case where All Panos are turned off, it would be great to be able to disable this button in the menu, because its useless at this point.

My work around is to set the Start Option to Photo Grid or Slideshow, but that 3D Tour menu item is still there, begging to be clicked, which then opens this screen, making the viewer think there is an error happening.
A simple tick box to disable this menu item would be a great option to have.

I don’t run into this often, but when I do that option would be useful.

I don’t have many clients requesting the 3D Tours myself, yet. Mostly just the floor plans and RMS. So to keep things simple, I have an email template that allows me to send them just the links to the pdf files, iGUIDE photos, and other information lilke ceiling heights, opent to belows, etc. This way the only thing they’re missing out on, as far as I know (which admittedly isn’t very much), is the measurement tool that is included in the viewer.

I do have a good few clients out of one brokerage, who also do not want the tours, BUT request the full email report, which includes the link to the tours. Of course the panos are turned off for them and I’ve never (yet) had anyone inquire about that 3D Tour option.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

I have the same type of recycled report that I issue to my clients, but not using the tour link does not work for my clients.

MLS in our area is restrictive to number of photos 40 limit. Larger properties, especially if have drone photos also, exceed what they can post, so the Photos tab allows them to show more images, hence the iGuide “tour” link is required.

I also have plenty of clients who request the tour part of the iGuide to be private. In these cases I duplicate the view, with the public link being with no tour, the private one with the tour.

So again this option of simply removing that tab from the menu is the ideal solution.

That’s interesting information. But definitely a different situation. I rarely have request for iGUIDE photos, as I also offer “prefessional” photos. So in that case the client gets the professional photos directly for the MLS, and gets my floor plans, rms and 3D Tour if requested, and there’s no photos on that tour. I do sometimes get a client who wants the 3D Tour with iGUIDE photos, but I haven’t had the issue of too many photos for the MLS listing - our system here alllows for 50.

When you say that the tour link allows them to show more photos, are they filling up the MLS and then sending you more to add to the tour link? I never thought of that - it would be interesting to know.

I still have to learn more about the different “views” as Mr. Leroy pointed out to me recently - but I haven’t had much demand further than my original issues on that thread - about keeping certain photos off the public tour but having them there for the client.

I wasn’t debating the suggestion of removing that tab - was just offering a solution that works for me. Obviously it doesn’t suit your requirements though. I hope iGUIDE hears you.

Anything coming from youriguide.com is considered to provide a 3D tour experience that real estate portals desire to showcase. Youriguide.com domain is whitelisted on realtor.ca, realtor.com, Zillow, etc as a 3D tour provider. Planitar would not want to lose that treatment, so turning off all panos or 3D tour menu would be counter-productive. iGUIDE Photos can be used for photos only delivery as they are served from a different domain.

I rarely have request for iGUIDE photos, as I also offer “prefessional” photos. So in that case the client gets the professional photos directly for the MLS, and gets my floor plans, rms and 3D Tour if requested, and there’s no photos on that tour.

So you don’t upload your photos to the iGuide portal so that everything is complete? One of the features of the iGuide system is that everything is available in one place to a potential buyer – virtual tour, measurements, floor plans, photos, and video. Or I might not be understanding your process.

When you say that the tour link allows them to show more photos, are they filling up the MLS and then sending you more to add to the tour link? I never thought of that - it would be interesting to know.

Our local MLS system allows for 50 photos on a listing. For large properties, especially when drone and twilight photos are ordered, I will often deliver many more photos than that. It’s all on the iGuide. The client downloads all of them and picks the ones they want to upload to MLS. But all of the photos are visible on the iGuide. I believe the limit there is 150 photos.

@DanFleury’s suggestion would allow for greater flexibility to use iGuides however a situation calls for it. I think it’s a good suggestion.

1 Like

I understand that, but a growing number of my client agents want the floor plan that I get from iGuide (along with my awesome photos😉) but don’t want the 3D tour.

I regularly use the photos only iGuide and find it perfectly suitable for my needs. What if we had a Photos and Floor Plans version of that service? If it means using a different domain for delivery, so be it. My clients are asking for it…

That is definitely something worth considering.

It would be good to know what arguments against 3D tour agents provide today, as home shoppers definitely want to have more information rather than less?

I get 2 primary reasons for this type of service.

1. Primary reason I hear against the tour is the agent feels it dissuades potential clients from actually requesting a showing. “I did the 3D tour and just wasn’t interested in going, I’ve already seen it”. They feel they loose that ability to personally show them.

2. The property is a multiplex with tenants who do not agree to a tour, but are ok with a few photos and the floor plan. The agent loves the room summary measurements and potential investors love the floor plans.

Myself I love the ease of generating floor plans with the system, and while I debate trying other options for floor plans, 100% of my jobs also have some sort of photography or videography. So iGuide really suits my needs with photos and floor plans all under the same page. Would just love to not have that 3D tour button there when there is none to see.

It would be good to know what arguments against 3D tour agents provide today

There’s a local high-volume realtor who refuses virtual tours. He thinks it works against him because fewer potential leads walk in the door. He goes against the grain of thinking that it’s better to show more, and he has done very well over over the last 15-20 years. However, he built his brand long ago and has the momentum to cling onto his no-virtual-tour stance. I find it very odd and suspect it’s not doing his business any favours.:man_shrugging:

Hi Leroy! When I do the iGUIDE photos, or use my phone (yes I’ve had specific requests for that :man_shrugging:) yes I upload them to the portal, but mostly for the re-sizing feature. Not many of my clients requesting iGUIDE photos want the tour, so i send them the link to download the photos. I don’t take “professional” photos myself but I’ve teamed up with a few, so when the client requests the “professional” photos, my partner will come out and then send them directly to the client. That’s why they’re not getting uploaded, and even moreso since the client usually isnt requesting the tour anyway. I do like the idea of having everything together the way iGUIDE does though. And I guess I can get my guys to send the photos to me instead, for certain clients (we share clients and some are his jobs, some are mine).

I’m still learning new formulas and job flow charts and processes though.

Hi Alex. I’ve experienced two schools of thought on this, one already mentioned in this thread.

1. Some prefer to have the buyers on site. They believe it could change the “feel” of the house and location that some won’t get from the tour. “Just get them in the door” is the attitude.

2. Some feel that the tour (or walk through video) can help filter out the time wasters. The client doesn’t have to go out to a showing just to find out it’s not what the buyer is looking for.

I don’t think either is wrong. It just depends on the client and how they prefer to sell.

It’s odd to me though because either way there’s always photos and in “my” opinion a tour or walk through is better than just photos.